Monday, April 19, 2010

Convention Tips #1




So I think I'm going to do a series of convention tips for you artist that participate in artist alley at conventions. I'll just be speaking from personal experience and these are just my personal opinions.

So anyways you know at most cons you can purchase a hotel room through the convention at a special rate. 9 times out of 10 you'll have to pay the full amount up front. If your like me then your broke (seriously, lol) and you don't have $300-$500 upfront to purchase the hotel room on the spot as of yet. Here is a little tip that I figured out. You can go to a site like priceline.com where they have discounted hotel rooms and purchase from them. The good thing about this is that at priceline.com for most of the hotels you can pay for the hotel room at the time of your stay rather then up front. Therefore by doing this you can work on getting that money together. They'll ask for your credit card number to guarantee your room but they won't charge it until the time of your stay at the hotel. Anyways I hope that was helpful. I'll post more tips later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online