Sunday, September 6, 2009

People will talk S**T about you + Recently finished commissions



Sorry about the bluntness of the title but its something that I had to get off my chest. Basically it doesn't matter if your the best artist in the world or if you still have things you need to work on. People will still find ways to try to bring you down. Trust me I know from personal experience.

What I don't understand is why these people say negative things about your art work when their not even artist and they don't know what they are talking about and more then likely they don't know how to give a proper critique of your work other then saying something like "oh well their art sucks" or their "art is awful." Like seriously grow up and get a life.

Basically when it comes down to it don't let these a$$holes get to you. I even have to tell myself this. So for all you artist out there keep doing what your doing and strive for the top, I'll do the same (^-^)

Ok so now onto recently finished commissions....

Above is a batman/catwoman commission that I finished up. To be honest I've only drawn these 2 characters once before. I like how this came out. Next up is a sketch card commission of Magik from New mutants. I never drew her before either but I like her character design. I just picked up some other commissions that I will be posting here too. They include: The Marx Brothers 3 card spread in inks and gray scale markers, 8 quick sketch commissions of various characters, and a yoda sketch card. Thanks for stopping by. If you would like to request a commission then please feel free to email me here: sherryleak@gmail.com



6 comments:

  1. Fact: Catwoman's lips look so awesome that they're probably made of cherry. You should give a shot to some other sexy characters in your pinup sets, I really loved the Vampirella one, it was a nice approach, so I'm sure I'd love Catwoman's, or the ones you choose. Just make sure they're characters that fit the description.

    I really didn't know there was a mutant called Magik, probably 'cause I'm not really into X-Men (I've been following Brubaker/Fraction run since they rocked our world with the #500 issue), but the card looks badass nonetheless. I got a thing for blondes. =)

    Regards, monkey03.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, thanks!! Yeah there maybe a series of these dc couples sketch cards. These were both commissions and I had alot of fun with them and learned some new things as well as tried out some new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time doing it. Nothing compares to the sensation of having fun by doing what you like to.

    I wish I'd say the same about my writing, I seem to be in a serious "creative stalemate" these days and I really don't know why. I hate feeling like this, and writing whilst I'm feeling like this doesn't help... I think I might take a creative break for a couple of days and then go back to the computer to write some more. What d'you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks (^-^) Yeah you have to take a break sometimes. I learned this 1st hand. This will help to get the creative juices flowing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Officially on vacation for 48 hours*

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online