Sunday, August 16, 2009

How do you Color your Art? Part 1




Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon Prismacolor Marker Tutorial
Feel free to download to get a better view of this tutorial.

This is my 1st tutorial so please bear with me ^_^
If you have a question or comment let me know.



I often get asked how I color my art work. I found a old chibi drawing of Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon and decided to color it and better yet I decided to do a tutorial. I'll be the 1st one to tell you that I'm no master colorist or artist for that matter, I have so much more to learn. I don't mind helping out other artist, we help each other out right. I hope you can find this useful.

Another reason why I decided to make this tutorial is because I don't see much prismacolor tutorials online. I often see copic tutorials which is cool but not everyone has copics. I personally can't afford them right now. I mean $300++ for a small package of markers that I will be replacing constantly, are they serious?! I'm not trying to knock copics, or anything because I have used them before and they are really nice but they are just too expensive for me right now.

This tutorial consists of a simplified coloring style because its a chibi drawing and I wanted to keep it simple. I'll upload more tutorials in the future where I use mixed media which really helps in conserving expensive art supplies. Future tutorials will have other coloring styles I use and slightly more complex drawings with normal figures and possibly backgrounds and stuff.

When I first started using markers 2 years ago it was like a foreign language too me. I had no idea what I was doing and when people tried explaining to me how to use markers it was like rocket science to me. I just wasn't getting it. lol At that point I figured it would be best to just teach myself and experiment with different medias. I would often look at tutorials online and study other peoples coloring and I still do that now. I was finally able to come up with something that worked for me.

If your interested in taking Sailor chibi chibi moon home with then please send me a note. It will be $20.00 with free shipping in the USA. International buyers add $5.00 extra. I accept paypal.

Thanks for looking ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online