Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sketch Card Process Part 1



Good Afternoon.

As with my pinup art I also get asked how I do my sketch cards.

The Process:

Its not much different then doing pinups or something like that other then the fact that you are working smaller. I start of with 2.5 x 3.5 inch Bristol board cards. These have rounded corners. I buy these online in packs of 35 for about $5 a pack I believe. They can be found here: http://www.ellenmilliongraphics.com/fantasyart/aceoblanks.php

I gather reference online or in magazines/books and lightly sketch the drawing on the cards in pencil. I use bic mechanical pencils, you can buy these at walmart. You can see the sketches above. From left to right is: Arwen, Gailderiel, Maris Brood, Jaina Solo, and Supergirl. Next up will be inks. I'll try to upload those tomorrow and I will probably have additional inked cards along with the ones shown above.

Side note:

Commissions are open, you can check out my rates here: http://raccoon-eyes.deviantart.com/journal/22243399/


Thanks for stopping by :)

~Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online